Thursday 24 July 2014

Nana's Daughters Quilt


I made a quilt for my Mum.
I found a piece of blue vintage corduroy in an "opp shop"
I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with it,
that was until I was inspired by a two colour quilt
in a recent edition of Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting
Only I had to make it a three colour quilt,
as there was not quite enough of the blue cord
to make a reasonable sized quilt.
Mum may be a tiny person, however,
it needed to be big enough to "tuck her in"

So here it is
Pin wheels and paddle wheels. 

Yes, the pink is BRIGHT!!
But little old ladies like bright colours

The corduroy was quite nice to quilt
I used wool wading, I like the loft of wool,
and as you can see the feathers pop nicely,
and after a wash it felt quite yummy!

So here she is, Iris Jean,
Marvelling at what allot of work I'd put into making
a quilt for her.
Mum has dementia,
So I'm sure that it will be a cause of conversation
and constenation for my sister
who cares for her full time!




Thanks for popping by
Deb







3 comments:

  1. A beautiful picture of your mum and her quilt. One you will treasure! Just like she will treasure her quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gift for your Mum, Deb and a gorgeous pic too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous!
    I'm sure she will enjoy the textures and fab bright colours!
    Your quilting is amazing!
    I've got another quilt ready for u to do your magic on !!!
    Glendax

    ReplyDelete